About Us and Our Services
Signature Hardwood Floors is committed to providing a broad range of flooring choices, including eco-friendly choices that are supportive of the global community’s health such as, FSC-Certified/sustainably harvested flooring and no or low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) finishes.
Our expertise includes;
- Installations of solid wood, pre-finished, eco-friendly/FSC-Certified, engineered and laminated flooring
- Refinishing and repairs of existing hardwood floors
- Screening and re-coating of existing hardwood floors – that haven’t been waxed
- Creation of custom flooring designs
- Design additions such as; border designs, feature strips, focal accents or medallions
Signature Hardwood Floors carries general liability insurance and we are bonded (which is optional), as well as workers’ compensation insurance (which is required by law). The Contractor’s State License Board recommends hiring licensed, insured and bonded professionals. To verify a license before hiring a contractor check the Contractor’s State License Board’s website at http://www.cslb.ca.gov, or call 1-800-321-2758. A helpful publication you can retrieve from the CSLB’s website or by calling is “What you Should Know Before you Hire a Contractor.”
The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the most environmentally conscious areas in the world, and homeowners are increasingly requesting materials that are healthy for their homes and the environment. Signature Hardwood Floors supports these efforts and is devoted to offering the latest in eco-friendly solutions.
Signature Hardwood Floors is a Certified Green Building Professional through Build It GREEN.
Whether you’re in the throes of remodeling or simply want to replace your carpet, Signature Hardwood Floors can offer you a growing selection of healthy, sustainable materials.
What separates us from the competition…
- Our #1 priority is taking care of our customer’s needs. The owner, Bryant Busalacchi, answers all incoming calls (no playing phone tag), handles all consultations personally, as well as personally inspecting each job and following it through to completion.
- We strive to respond quickly to our customers and their time restraints. We schedule FREE on-time consultations that meet our customer’s needs at exact times. (none of that three or four hour window stuff).
- We send at least one journeyman floor professional out on every job. All of our journeyman have a minimum of ten years experience and are our employees, not subs.
- We only use top-of-the-line equipment, and therefore our results are superb.
- Signature Hardwood Floors, Inc. guarantees the quality of the materials installed to meet the manufacturers’ specifications and we guarantee our finish for six years against cracking, peeling and chipping on refinished and newly installed floors (not on re-coated floors).
- When an oil finish is requested, we apply three coats to every job. (Other companies may only apply two).
- We screen between each coat of finish. (Other companies may apply the second and possibly third coat without re-screening). The purpose of screening between coats is to reduce grain raise, which will increase the wear of your floors and give a smoother look.
- We haul away debris on a daily basis to keep our customer’s homes looking clean at all times.
- We offer additional services such as; carpet, tile, and linoleum removal, as well as baseboard and stair installation
- We have a referral list of customers that is updated monthly and can be faxed or emailed upon request.
- We make sure sub-floors are sound and moisture free. Moisture tests are given to wood and sub-floors before new wood is installed at a job site. Solid hardwood flooring always should be given time to adjust to its environment before installation. Experienced professionals will ensure that the wood’s natural tendency to absorb or give off moisture will be in sync with the home’s variations in temperature and relative humidity.
- We use only the highest quality finishes to assure endurance and beauty.
- As an additional service, we also work with General Contractors; Architects; Interior Designers; Realtors, etc., and will also handle insurance work.
Areas We Service
San Francisco to Morgan Hill
SAN MATEO COUNTY
Half Moon Bay
South San Francisco
SAN CLARA COUNTY
East Palo Alto
East San Jose
Los Altos Hills
North San Jose
San Jose – Downtown
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY